Radio Kootwijk is a former transmitter park that in the first half of the 20th century was a vital communication link between the Netherlands and its former colonies, in particular, the Netherlands-Indonesia (former Dutch East Indies). It's construction began in 1918, as well as the construction of housing for the employees, wich then formed the similarly named village.
The park stopped all transmitting functions in 1999. Since then, Building A is used for exhibitions and performances.
In order to install an elevator in Building A, we had to stabilise the foundation of the listed building using soil injection. The activities took a day to complete, but the building, which has been used as decor for 2 films left a lasting impression.